Download the current Open Door Rider Alert to learn about changes to IndyGoOpen Door policies that became effective Jan. 1, 2015.
The American with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 requires public entities operating fixed route transportation systems to provide comparable (within 3/4 of a mile from a fixed route) paratransit services to people with disabilities. Open Door, IndyGo’s paratransit service, is available for passengers deemed eligible as established by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
How to Utilize Open Door:
- Apply for eligibility.
- Schedule a trip to travel anywhere inside Marion County or within 3/4 of a mile of any fixed route outside Marion County, allowing for the vehicle to arrive up to 5 minutes before and 25 minutes after your scheduled pickup time.
- Board within 5 minutes of the vehicle arriving. If a rider is not on the vehicle within 5 minutes, the driver is required to list the rider as a no show and leave.
- Pay a $3.50 one trip fare with each boarding.
To schedule or cancel a trip, call 317.917.8747:
- Monday – Friday: 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
How to schedule subscription trips:
- Start from the same place every time, such as a home
- Travel to the same destination every time, such as work or doctor appointments
- Travel on the same day(s) of the week, at least once weekly
Once a subscription trip has been reserved, IndyGo only has to be contacted to cancel a trip. Subscription trips are unavailable during IndyGo’s scheduled holidays. Subscription trips may not be available for all trip requests.
Open Door Perks:
- Ride IndyGo fixed routes for free with Open Door ID.
- Purchase Open Door Taxi Vouchers for travel with a private taxi company.
- Participate in IndyGo’s Mobility Advisory Committee (Now Accepting Applications).
View the Open Door Rider Guidelines for a complete overview of the Open Door service.