Open Door Taxi Voucher Program
IndyGo enables its Open Door riders to purchase taxi vouchers to assist in spontaneous travel or needs outside of the regular service hours through a lottery system. Vouchers can only be ordered in bundles of 10 (limit one bundle per client, per month). The cost is $35 per bundle, the same price as 10 Open Door passes.
How to Order Vouchers
- Contact the IndyGo Customer Service Call Center at 317.635.3344 between the 10th and 20th of each month for travel in the following calendar month.
- Provide your credit or debit card information. IndyGo accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
- Phone orders will be tracked and randomly selected after the 20th of each month until all available vouchers have been allocated.
- Customers whose orders are randomly selected to be filled will have their credit card charged in the amount of $35.
- Customers whose orders are not randomly selected to be filled, will have their order form shredded and their credit card will not be charged.
- All customers who submitted orders will receive in the mail either their vouchers, or an official notice that their order was not filled.
How to Use Taxi Vouchers
- Once you receive vouchers, contact a taxi company and ask if they accept the IndyGo taxi voucher as a form of payment.
IndyGo cannot refer clients to a particular taxi company.
- Schedule a ride within Marion County. Service outside of Marion County is not covered in the taxi voucher. You should let the taxi company know whether or not you'll have a Personal Care Assistant (PCA) or companion riding with you. PCA's ride for free, but a companion may be charged.
- When the taxi arrives, show the driver your Open Door ID and taxi voucher signed by you or a caregiver.
- Have the driver fill out the vendor information.
- Driver will keep the taxi voucher and submit it to IndyGo for payment.
If you have questions about the Open Door Taxi Voucher program, please call IndyGo Customer Service at 317.635.3344.