As a municipal corporation of Marion County, the IndyGo budget is subject to review and approval by both the IndyGo board of directors and City-County Council. Below is an outline of the 2017 Budget Cycle meetings, public hearings and notices.
2017 Budget Notice to Taxpayers (Download)
Resolution for Levy of Special Tax (Download)
The IndyGo 2017 budget approval process began with the introduction of the budget to the board of directors. Following the introduction of the budget, IndyGo will host a public hearing to receive comments on the proposed 2017 budget. Comments voiced at the public hearing will be reviewed by IndyGo staff and board members and taken into consideration before the final approval at the end of August. Below are the IndyGo 2017 budget meetings which are open to the public and held at IndyGo’s administration building located at 1501 W. Washington St.
- Monday, Aug. 1 – Introduce the 2017 Budget (packet)
- Thursday, Aug. 11 – Public Hearing on the 2017 Budget (presentation)
- Thursday, Aug. 25 – Adopt the 2017 Budget (management & financial plan)
With IndyGo board approval, the budget will move through a City-County Council process, which includes full council and municipal corporations committee meetings. The following meetings on IndyGo’s 2017 Budget will be held at the City-County Council Building:
- Sept. 15 at 5:30 PM – City-County Council Meeting to Introduce Municipal Corporations Budget
- Sept. 21 at 5:30 PM – City-County Council Municipal Corporations Committee Meeting on 2017 Budgets
- Sept. 26 at 7:00 PM – City-County Council Public Hearing on 2017 Budget
- Sept. 28 at 5:30 PM – City-County Council Municipal Corporations Committee Review & Analysis of 2017 Budgets
- Oct. 10 at 7:00 PM – City-County Council Meeting to Adopt 2017 Budgets