How to Ride the Red Line
For seven days a week, you can ride the Red Line! Every 10-20 minutes, a rapid transit vehicle will arrive at each rapid transit station.
- Arrive at your desired rapid transit station.
- Buy a ticket at the temporary ticket vending machine located at the station or at the Julia M. Carson Transit Center.
- Have your fare ready to board.
- For your safety, wait behind the yellow stripe for the rapid transit vehicle arrives
- If you’re using fare purchased at a fare vending machine, simply board the Red Line through any door and find a seat. Please allow riders to exit before boarding the bus. If no one is exiting, push the green button to open doors.
- Hold on to your ticket in case a Fare Inspector requests to see your proof of payment.
- When riding, announcements will be made as you approach, arrive, and leave a station.
- If you want to get off, pull the “stop request cord” as the bus approaches your designated station, as the bus may not stop at every station.
- Place hands on the yellow stripe located on the door to exit the bus at your desired destination.
- For your safety, please use ramps and crosswalks.
Transfers are made at designated stations. Take a look at the map here to view your transfer options!