IndyGo enables its Open Door riders to purchase taxi vouchers to assist in spontaneous travel needs outside of the regular service hours. This is done through a lottery system, and vouchers can only be ordered in bundles of 10 (limit one bundle per rider, per month). The cost is $35 per bundle, the same price as 10 Open Door passes.
How to Use Taxi Vouchers
- Once you receive vouchers, contact a taxi company and ask if they accept the IndyGo Taxi Voucher as a form of payment. IndyGo cannot refer riders to a particular taxi company.
- Schedule a ride within Marion County. Service outside of Marion County is not covered by the Taxi Voucher.
- Let the taxi company know whether or not you’ll have a Personal Care Assistant (PCA) and/or companion riding with you.
- When the taxi arrives, show the driver your Open Door ID and your Taxi Voucher that’s been signed by you or a caregiver.
- Have the driver fill out the vendor information.
- The driver will keep the Taxi Voucher and submit it to IndyGo for payment.
If you have questions about the Open Door Taxi Voucher program, please contact the Call Center at 317-635-3344.
Remember, all Open Door materials are available in various formats, including Braille, Spanish, and large print.