What are Super-Stops?
- Upgraded bus stops along high frequency routes in downtown Indianapolis
- Include near-level boarding, real-time arrival information, lighting and covered seating, boarding room for 2 buses at a time
- Spaced every 3 blocks in downtown corridors
- May include bus-only or bus-and-turn lanes for reliability and traffic flow
Final lane configuration decisions will consider stakeholder and public input as well as an ongoing traffic study for each intersection.
Super Stop Example:
The Super-Stops will make using public transit easier and more accessible.
In 2019, local buses will arrive more frequently on Delaware and Alabama Streets – buses arriving every 3-5 minutes.
In 2021, Purple Line Rapid Transit buses will also use Alabama and Delaware to the Transit Center.
Super-Stops maintain on-time performance, speed up the boarding process, and increase passenger comfort and safety.
Where will the Super-Stops be downtown Indy?
IndyGo is proposing Super-Stops at the following locations:
– On Delaware at New York
– On Alabama at New York
– On Delaware at North
– On Alabama at North
– On Fort Wayne Avenue between Sahm Street and 9th Street