Section 5310 — Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities Grant Program
The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) grants limited transportation funds for capital improvements (vehicle acquisition, etc.) through its Section 5310 — Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities Grant.
IndyGo is the designated recipient of the Section 5310 funds in the Indianapolis Urbanized Area and is responsible for administering the grant and distributing funds. More information about Section 5310 funds, including project selection and oversight, can be found in IndyGo’s Section 5310 Program Management Plan. Eligible recipients of these funds include:
- Private not-for-profit organizations.
- Authorized units of local government.
To be considered for the grant, projects must be derived from the Indianapolis area Coordinated Transportation Plan.
Eligible projects are for new “traditional” service(s) and revenue loss reimbursement due to COVID-19. New “traditional” service(s) receiving funding will require a 50% local match. The CY2022 CFP was cancelled. The CY2023 CFP is anticipated to open in 1Q 2023.
Section 5307 –Urbanized Area Formula and Section 5339 – Bus and Bus Facilities
The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) grants funds for public transportation service for urbanized areas (Section 5307) and for capital acquisitions to support public transportation (Section 5339). IndyGo manages these funds for the Indianapolis urbanized area. For more information, please refer to the following documents:
- Vendor Oversight Compliance Checklist
- Note for CY 2023 Section 5307/5339
- Note for CY 2022 Section 5307/5339
- Program Oversight Guide – Section 5307/5339 – This document outlines Section 5307/5339 management by IndyGo, including definitions and responsibilities.
- Handbook – Section 5307 – This document provides more detailed information to assist subrecipients in managing the Section 5307 program.
- Contractor Oversight Guide – Provides a checklist for subrecipients to manage vendors.
Section 5339 Call for Projects
For eligible subrecipients only. The CFP for CY2022 is cancelled.