IndyGo Transit Ambassadors
IndyGo is looking for energetic and enthusiastic volunteers to join our transit ambassador team.
If you believe mobility is an important part of the Indianapolis community, here’s your chance to help IndyGo spread the word and gather feedback about transit services and projects. You could make a big difference in someone’s life just by helping them ride IndyGo. Being an ambassador is fun, rewarding and important.
IndyGo team members will train the ambassadors to understand transit in Indianapolis, including current routes, route changes and the next steps in IndyGo’s Purple Line and other big projects. Once trained, ambassadors will teach others how to use transit and feel confident riding the bus, while gathering feedback about transit services and projects. You’ll be a member of the IndyGo go-to crew.
Eligible volunteers must be at least 18 years old and commit to a one-year term.
Transit Ambassador Role
- Provide IndyGo with information about transit riders and the public.
- Help people understand and feel comfortable riding transit.
- Share timely information and updates at the Transit Center and other key IndyGo locations.
- Gather feedback at community events and while riding routes.
- Gather rider stories.
Transit Ambassador Expectations
- Conduct at least three shifts a month during your term.
- Attend monthly transit ambassador meetings.
- Wear transit ambassador apparel when volunteering.
- Maintain good tracking records of outreach activities and communicate feedback to IndyGo.
- Enjoy FREE bus rides during your term — did we mention FREE bus rides?
- Enjoy a $60 monthly stipend.
Apply today by filling out the below form. If you have questions or would like to request special accommodations, please contact Jordan Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.