How to Ride
IndyGo is the largest transit agency in Indiana—with 30 routes to choose from, IndyGo can help you reach your destination easily and affordably!
Know Your Trip
Use Google Maps, the Transit app or the IndyGo trip planner to get step-by-step directions including what route to take, what bus to board, where to board, and what time the bus is departing.
You can also call 317.635.3344 to get trip planning assistance, or plan by hand with route maps.
Know How You'll Pay
Be ready to board with exact change or a bus pass. A fare is required every time you board.
- New Pass: Insert it into the slot in the top of the farebox vertically, located next to the Operator to activate your pass and get
- Day Passes (1 Day, 31 Day): Once these pass types have been stamped, swipe it in the farebox.
- Trip Passes (1 Trip, 10 Trips): You must insert the pass into the top slot every time.
- You can pay for a single trip ($1.75) or purchase a day pass ($4) with cash when boarding. Operators do not carry change and the fareboxes do not make change.
Tap Card or Smart Phone App
Know How to Ride
- Arrive at your stop a few minutes before it is scheduled to depart.
- Double-check you are on the correct side of the street for the desired direction of travel.
- Make sure you are visible to the Operator and stand near the bus stop sign.
- Check the destination sign on the bus to make sure it is the correct bus and route before you board.
- IndyGo buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts or ramps, and securement devices. All buses have “kneeling” capability, which lowers the height of the first step onto the bus. Any rider may request the use of the ramps or kneeling function, regardless of ability.