*Effective 8/31/21 – The 7-Day Pass is no longer available to riders. However, riders are encouraged to download the MyKey app to take advantage of fare capping and cashless pay options.
|Pass Types||Cost||Half Fare|
|2-Hour Transfer Ticket||$1.75||$0.85|
|IndyGo Access One Trip||$3.50||N/A|
|Veterans Pass||$2.00 for initial, $5.00 for replacement||N/A|
*Children age 5 and under ride free with a fare-paying rider, limit two.
With the implementation of the Marion County Transit Plan, IndyGo is transitioning its bus service to a grid-based network, adding three rapid transit lines, and improving its local routes.
As part of this transition, IndyGo staff has adopted major fare policy change to accommodate and improve the customer experience with the new system.
Prior to the fare policy adoption, IndyGo opened the public comment period on the proposed policy change. The comment period was publicized through regular communication channels in accordance with the Public Involvement Plan.
MyKey is here! We are moving our city forward with a new way to pay and ride! Choose to GO with your smartphone or reloadable card on bus rapid transit or local bus service. To learn more about MyKey click here.
Buy Fare Passes Online
Passes are available for purchase at buy.indygo.net. For more information about Fare Passes, please view the information below.Buy Passes
Julia M. Carson Transit Center
201 E. Washington St.
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM – Noon
317.635.3344 (Relay Indiana: 711)
Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Please allow 10 business days for shipment.
Click Here to purchase tickets. Please allow 10 business days for shipment.
On Board an IndyGo Bus
Exact change must be used and only One Trip and One Day passes are available.
At Partner Locations
- PL$ Check Cashers
- 3801 E. Washington St.
- 8010 E. Washington St.
- 5516 W. 38th St.
- 4701 West 38th St.
- 2335 East 38th St.
- 444 E. Sumner Ave.
- IUPUI Campus Center
- 420 University Blvd.
Fare passes are non-refundable and nontransferable; they cannot be sold to other riders.
IndyGo offers half fare pricing to the following individuals with qualifying proof of eligibility:
- Persons 65 and older with a Government Issued Medicare Card or IndyGo Half Fare ID Card.
- Youth 18 and younger with a valid K – 12 Student ID or IndyGo Half Fare ID Card.
- Persons with disabilities with an IndyGo Half Fare ID Card.
To request a Half Fare ID Card, fill out the application (English & Spanish). If you are requesting a Half Fare ID Card due to a disability, a health care professional or agency who can verify the disability must fill out the Half Fare Supplemental Application Form in English or Spanish. Half Fare cards cost $2.00.
MyKey Half Fare cards are now available! If you turn in your current IndyGo Half Fare ID, there’s no fee for your MyKey card. New Half Fare MyKey cards without an exchange will cost $5. Your half fare MyKey card will give you the flexibility to buy fare value online, through the MyKey mobile app, at a ticket vending machine, or at IndyGo’s Customer Service. Additionally, you can benefit from fare capping! Visit indygo.net/mykey to learn more.
IndyGo’s S-Pass program allows local colleges and universities to purchase 31-day bus passes for their students at half price.
- Only local colleges and universities can purchase the S-Pass for students.
- Each S-Pass costs $30.
- Once activated on an IndyGo bus, S-Passes are good for 31 consecutive days.
- The S-Pass can be used on all bus routes.
- Unactivated cards will not expire.
- Orders must be placed by a college or university employee by contacting customer service at 317.635.3344. A minimum of 50 passes must be ordered and payment is expected at the time of purchase.
- Order Forms should be faxed to the IndyGo Customer Service Center at 317.637.0751 or mailed to 201 E. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46204.
- Please allow up to 10 days for delivery upon IndyGo’s receipt of the order. Purchased S-Passes can also be picked up at the IndyGo Customer Service Center (201 E. Washington St.) within 2 days of receipt of the order.
Section 132 (f) of the Internal Revenue Code allows employers to provide tax-free public transit, vanpool, and parking benefits to their employees. Contact the Central Indiana Regional Transit Authority (CIRTA) 317.327.7433 for more information.
Updated guidelines per IndyGo Board Action July 26, 2021, linked HERE.
Any veteran approved for a Veterans Pass prior to July 26, 2021, is not required to re-register under the updated policy.
IndyGo offers free fixed route and rapid transit rides to Veterans with an IndyGo issued pass.
Below are the steps to obtain and use an IndyGo issued Veteran’s Pass:
- Fill out an application (English or Spanish) in person at IndyGo’s Customer Service located at the Julia M. Carson Transit Center.
- Must be a veteran in the United States Armed Forces.
- Must provide a valid photo ID.
- Provide proof of veteran status. IndyGo will accept any of the following:
- Copy of DD 214 Certificate of Release/Discharge from Active Duty
- Valid U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs ID.
- Veteran stamp on the back of a state driver’s license or state ID.
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged.
- Have a photo taken at the Customer Service desk for the pass.
- Wait for the pass to be printed.
- Pay $2.00 for the pass. Replacement passes cost $5.00 each.
*This program does not include IndyGo Access/Paratransit service.
Cards are non-transferable and must be swiped at fare box on-board. Other forms of eligibility will not be accepted on the bus. To access the program, veterans must obtain the IndyGo-issued fare card. Learn more.
Since the Red Line has off-board fare collection, how will IndyGo know whether or not I paid my fare to board the bus?
The Red Line will include fare inspectors that will periodically check passengers for proof of fare payment. Riders will be required to have proof of fare payment in the form of a validated MyKey fare card or a validated MyKey mobile app at all times while at Red Line station platforms or on Red Line buses.