Fare Policy Change
With the implementation of the Marion County Transit Plan, IndyGo is transitioning its bus service to a grid-based network, adding three rapid transit lines, and improving its local routes.
As part of this transition, IndyGo staff has adopted major fare policy change to accommodate and improve the customer experience with the new system.
Prior to the fare policy adoption, IndyGo opened the public comment period on the proposed policy change. The comment period was publicized through regular communication channels in accordance with the Public Involvement Plan
|Pass Types||Cost||Half Fare|
|2-Hour Transfer Ticket||$1.75||$0.85|
|Open Door One Trip||$3.50||N/A|
|Summer Youth Pass||$30.00||N/A|
|Veterans Pass||$2.00 for initial, $5.00 for replacement||N/A|
*Children age 5 and under ride free with a fare-paying rider, limit two.
Temporary Fare System
Starting on December 1st, there will be a new way to purchase fares for the Red Line and local routes. Our temporary fare collection system at Red Line stations and the Julia M. Carson Transit Center will vend two-hour transfer tickets, day passes, and week passes. Riders can pay with cash or card. To learn more about the temporary fare system at Red Line stations and the Julia M. Carson Transit Center, please click here.
MyKey will be ready for you soon! We are moving our city forward with a new way to pay and ride! Choose to GO with your smartphone or reloadable card on bus rapid transit or local bus service. To learn more about MyKey click here.
Buy Fare Passes Online
Passes are available for purchase at buy.indygo.net. For more information about Fare Passes, please view the information below.Buy Passes
Julia M. Carson Transit Center
201 E. Washington St.
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM – Noon
317.635.3344 (Relay Indiana: 711)
Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Please allow 10 business days for shipment.
Click Here to purchase tickets. Please allow 10 business days for shipment.
On Board an IndyGo Bus
Exact change must be used and only One Trip and One Day passes are available.
At Partner Locations
- PL$ Check Cashers
- 3801 E. Washington St.
- 8010 E. Washington St.
- 5516 W. 38th St.
- 4701 West 38th St.
- 2335 East 38th St.
- 444 E. Sumner Ave.
- IUPUI Campus Center
- 420 University Blvd.
- Indiana Department of Natural Resources
- 402 W. Washington St.
Fare passes are non-refundable and nontransferable; they cannot be sold to other riders.
IndyGo offers half fare pricing to the following individuals with qualifying proof of eligibility:
- Persons 65 and older with a Government Issued Medicare Card or IndyGo Half Fare ID Card.
- Youth 18 and younger with a valid K – 12 Student ID or IndyGo Half Fare ID Card.
- Persons with disabilities with an IndyGo Half Fare ID Card.
To request a Half Fare ID Card, fill out the application (English & Spanish). If you are requesting a Half Fare ID Card due to a disability, a health care professional or agency who can verify the disability must fill out the Half Fare Supplemental Application Form in English or Spanish. Half Fare cards cost $2.00.
IndyGo’s S-Pass program allows local colleges and universities to purchase 31-day bus passes for their students at half price.
- Only local colleges and universities can purchase the S-Pass for students.
- Each S-Pass costs $30.
- Once activated on an IndyGo bus, S-Passes are good for 31 consecutive days.
- The S-Pass can be used on all bus routes.
- Unactivated cards will not expire.
- Orders must be placed by a college or university employee by contacting customer service at 317.635.3344. A minimum of 50 passes must be ordered and payment is expected at the time of purchase.
- Order Forms should be faxed to the IndyGo Customer Service Center at 317.637.0751 or mailed to 201 E. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46204.
- Please allow up to 10 days for delivery upon IndyGo’s receipt of the order. Purchased S-Passes can also be picked up at the IndyGo Customer Service Center (201 E. Washington St.) within 2 days of receipt of the order.
A Summer Youth Pass allows youth 18 and under to:
- Receive unlimited bus rides on fixed routes from June 1 – August 31.
- Travel to Indy parks, museums, a ball game, or even a summer job.
- Have safe, affordable, and convenient travel.
To use the pass on-board, passengers must show an IndyGo Half Fare Youth ID or K-12 Student ID (if 18 or younger).
Section 132 (f) of the Internal Revenue Code allows employers to provide tax-free public transit, vanpool, and parking benefits to their employees. Contact the Central Indiana Regional Transit Authority (CIRTA) 317.327.7433 for more information.
IndyGo offers free fixed route and rapid transit rides to Veterans with an IndyGo issued pass.
Below are the steps to obtain and use an IndyGo issued Veteran’s Pass:
- Fill out an application (English or Spanish) in person at IndyGo’s Customer Service located at the Julia M. Carson Transit Center.
- Provide proof of eligibility. To prove veteran status IndyGo will accept either:
- Valid US Department of Veterans Affairs ID
- Valid Government Issued photo ID and DD 214 Certificate of Release/Discharge from Active Duty
- Have a photo taken at the Customer Service desk for your pass.
- Wait for the pass to be printed.
- Pay $2.00 for your pass. Replacement passes cost $5.00 each.
- Swipe your pass on the bus at the fare box.
*This program does not include Open Door/Paratransit service.
Cards are non-transferable and must be swiped at fare box on-board. Other forms of eligibility will not be accepted on the bus. To access the program, veterans must obtain the IndyGo-issued fare card. Learn more.
Fare Capping gives you an alternative to a weekly or monthly bus pass. It removes the barrier of the upfront cost of passes by providing a “pay as you go” fare structure with a “cap” on the amount you pay. Fare capping is a new feature available only through the MyKey fare system.
- Daily fare cap: $4.00 full fare / $2.00 half fare.
- Weekly fare cap: $15.75 full fare / $7.65 half fare. Your tap card must be registered to your account to be eligible for weekly fare capping.
Once the fare cap amount is met within a single day or transit week, you will not be charged any additional fares until the start of a new day or transit week.
*Note: Fare capping does not apply to Open Door service.
What is the daily fare cap and the weekly fare cap?
IndyGo is implementing a $4.00 daily fare cap ($2.00 for half-fare customers) and a $15.75 weekly fare cap ($8.65 for half-fare customers). These amounts are the highest amount that a MyKey customer will have to pay in a given day or week while using their MyKey fare card or the MyKey mobile app.
How does fare capping work?
The MyKey system will keep track of all trips taken when the MyKey card or mobile app is used. The MyKey system will calculate the amount of fares paid over a one-day or one-week period. After reaching the fare cap, riders will continue to tap card or scan the app. Accounts will not be charged for any trips until the end of the fare cap period.
Since the Red Line has off-board fare collection, how will IndyGo know whether or not I paid my fare to board the bus?
The Red Line will include fare inspectors that will periodically check passengers for proof of fare payment. Riders will be required to have proof of fare payment in the form of a validated MyKey fare card or a validated MyKey mobile app at all times while at Red Line station platforms or on Red Line buses.