Help IndyGo spread the word and gather feedback about transit services and projects! IndyGo is seeking energetic and enthusiastic volunteers to join the Transit Ambassador team.
An Ambassador is a trained volunteer that is knowledgeable about transit in Indianapolis – including current routes, route changes, and impacts of the implementation of the Transit Plan. Ambassadors aim to teach others how to use transit, help riders feel confident riding the bus, and communicate information about service changes and/or upcoming projects.
Eligible volunteers must be at least 18 years old and able to commit to a 6-month term. Ambassadors will be expected to attend monthly meetings with IndyGo staff and solicit rider feedback on routes or at events at least 2 times per month during their term
Transit Ambassador Terms:
- November 1 – April 30
- May 1 – October 31
Transit Ambassador Role:
- Provide training and information to passengers on how to ride the bus system
- Communicate timely information and offer assistance at the Transit Center and other key locations around the system
- Solicit rider feedback at community events and/or while riding routes
- Assist in outreach to English-limited populations
- Gather rider stories
Transit Ambassador Expectations:
- Conduct at least 2 shifts per month during term
- Attend monthly Transit Ambassador meetings
- Wear Transit Ambassador apparel when volunteering (a vest, hat, & bag will be provided at orientation)
- Maintain good tracking records of outreach activities and communicate feedback to IndyGo
- Enjoy FREE monthly bus passes during term
Interested individuals should complete the application by Saturday, March 31, at 12:00 PM. If you have questions, please contact Ellen Forthofer at email@example.com.