INDIANAPOLIS – IndyGo is looking to hire energetic people who love to drive, interact with others and want to boldly move Indianapolis forward as coach operators. The agency hopes to hire 10-15 operators a month to fill essential, well-paying job openings that will benefit the community.
The search for more operators comes as IndyGo experiences rapid growth from the Red Line and upcoming Purple Line. Pandemic-related job losses, such as parents or caregivers needing to stay home with school-aged children learning virtually, has also impacted employee numbers.
IndyGo offers competitive hourly rates and benefits for coach operators including the following:
- $20+/hour the first year
- Paid training (for CDL and IndyGo training)
- Full-time positions with guaranteed 40 hours per week and overtime potential
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Free onsite wellness clinic for employees and their families
- Retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Local work and no overnight travel
- Free IndyGo transportation for employees and their families
- Federal Loan Forgiveness Program
Applicants must be at least 21 years old to apply.
Additionally, IndyGo is proud to offer the Second Chance Hiring Initiative to promote re-entry into the workforce and increase the pool of qualified candidates. The stigma associated with a criminal record has resulted in significant obstacles for those who are otherwise qualified for the job. IndyGo is proud to implement this policy to help level the playing field for applicants with a criminal background.