IndyGo’s paratransit service, Open Door serves the needs of customers who, because of a disability, are unable to use IndyGo’s local service and who meet the criteria established by the U.S. Department of Transportation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 (learn more about IndyGo’s ADA complaint procedures and Title VI & ADA Complaint Form (En Español)).
Open Door is an origin to destination, reservation-based, shared ride service. IndyGo Open Door operates throughout all of Marion County, although federal regulation only requires service within ¾ of a local route. Open Door operates 7 days a week and the same hours as local service.
Open Door Eligibility
Applications for paratransit service are available through IndyGo Customer Service at 317.635.3344 or online. Applications can be made available in various formats, including Braille, Spanish, and large print.
- Fill out the Open Door Application.
- Have a physician or an approved certifying agent complete the professional verification portion of the application.
- Upon completion of the application, call 317.614.9260 to schedule an in-person assessment. If needed, transportation to and from the assessment can be arranged at no cost to the applicant.
- After approved, call to make a reservation with Open Door.
Open Door operates 7 days a week and the same hours as local service. Like IndyGo’s local service, Open Door will operate on a Sunday schedule for the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Open Door Perks
- Ride IndyGo’s local routes for free with an Open Door ID.
- Purchase Open Door Taxi Vouchers for travel with a private taxi company.
- Participate in IndyGo’s Mobility Advisory Committee (Now Accepting Applications).
View the Open Door Rider Guidelines for a complete overview of the Open Door service.
*All Open Door materials are available in various formats, including Braille, Spanish, and large print. Please contact Customer Service (317.635.3344).*