INDIANAPOLIS – Updated Thursday, Feb. 3, 8:41 a.m.
As severe winter weather continues to move through Indianapolis, our Mobility Solutions Customer Care Center is working with paratransit riders to reschedule non-essential trips. If you have a ride scheduled with us during this storm, but don’t need to travel today, please contact us at 317-635-3344 to reschedule your trip. If you must travel, please prepare for service impacts. When your travel time arrives, prepare for delays and keep your phone nearby. Dispatchers could call with updates. If they determine it’s not safe to travel, our customer care team will call you to coordinate a different pickup location or to reschedule the ride.
Posted Monday, Jan. 31, 8:13 p.m.
IndyGo could see significant service impacts this week when a severe winter storm moves across Marion County Wednesday evening, Feb. 2, through Friday, Feb 4. The forecast calls for heavy snow and ice accumulation. If you plan to ride with us, IndyGo encourages riders to plan ahead.
Passengers are encouraged to take the following precautions if they must travel during this time:
- Wear warm, highly visible clothing so you can be spotted at a bus stop.
- Contact IndyGo’s Mobility Solutions Care Center at 317.635.3344 for real-time bus arrivals and information on detours. Expect longer wait times on the phone due to heavy call volumes that come with bad weather. Click here for Care Center hours.
- Detours and route delays can also be found on the IndyGo Rider Alerts Twitter page here. Real-time alerts are also available when you text ##### (Five digit stop ID) to (463) 208-4344.
- Allow for extra travel time to and from your destination. Plan for delays due to bad road conditions.
- Be extra careful and watch your step. Snow and ice can make sidewalks, steps and bus floors slippery. Hold onto the railing when boarding and exiting the bus.
- Buses may experience travel difficulties getting to residential areas and side streets. If you’re traveling from these places, you may need to use a different stop. Riders can plan their trips using Google Maps, the Transit app or by visiting our website at https://www.indygo.net/plan-your-trip/.
Additionally, IndyGo encourages business owners and residents to keep their sidewalks clear of snow and ice to make passage to bus stops safe for all pedestrians.