IndyGo Transit Ambassadors
IndyGo is looking for energetic and enthusiastic volunteers to join our Transit Ambassador team.
If you believe mobility is an important part of the Indianapolis community, here’s your chance to help IndyGo spread the word and gather feedback about transit services and projects. We’ve got good news and you can help us spread it! You could make a big difference in someone’s life just by helping them ride IndyGo. It’s fun; it’s rewarding, and it’s important.
As an IndyGo Transit Ambassador volunteer, you’ll be trained by IndyGo to be knowledgeable about transit in Indianapolis, including current routes, route changes, and the next steps of IndyGo’s grand Transit Plan. You’ll know IndyGo!
Once you’ve learned the ropes, you’ll teach others how to use transit and help riders feel confident riding the bus, and you’ll be a source of information about IndyGo service changes and/or upcoming projects. You’ll be a member of the IndyGo go-to crew.
Eligible volunteers must be at least 18 years old and able to commit to a 6-month term. As an ambassador, you’ll be expected to attend monthly meetings with IndyGo staff and solicit rider feedback on routes or at events at least two times a month during your term.
Transit Ambassador Role
- Provide information about transit riders and the public
- Help people understand and feel comfortable riding transit
- Share timely information and updates at the Transit Center and other key locations around the system
- Gather feedback at community events and while riding routes
- Gather rider stories
Transit Ambassador Expectations
- Conduct at least two shifts a month during your term
- Attend monthly Transit Ambassador meetings
- Wear Transit Ambassador apparel when volunteering (a vest, hat, & bag will be provided at training)
- Maintain good tracking records of outreach activities and communicate feedback to IndyGo
- Enjoy FREE bus rides during your term — did we mention FREE bus rides?
Do it! Apply today for the upcoming term. If you have questions or would like to request special accommodations, please contact Brandon Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.