Indy is expecting snow this weekend!
As winter weather continues, IndyGo operations is practicing ‘Safety Over Speed’ and reminds riders to be safe and plan ahead.
Passengers are encouraged to take the following precautions:
• Wear warm, highly visible clothing so you can be spotted at a bus stop.
• Contact the IndyGo Customer Service Call Center at 317.635.3344, Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for real-time bus arrivals and information on detours. Detours and route delays can also be found on IndyGo’s website.
• Text the number “25370” with “Arrivals” and the 5-digit bus stop ID for real-time arrivals.
• Allow for extra travel time to and from your destination. Plan for delays due to icy streets, heavy snowfall, and traffic congestion.
• Use extra caution and watch your footing as snow and ice can make sidewalks, steps, and bus floors slippery. Hold onto the railing when boarding and exiting the bus.
Additionally, IndyGo encourages business owners and residents to keep their sidewalks clear of snow and ice to make passage to bus stops safe for all pedestrians.