INDIANAPOLIS — IndyGo is now offering a $3,000 signing bonus for new hires applying to become a bus driver (coach operator) or mechanic. This incentive is in direct response to the ongoing driver shortage and aims to rightsize the agency’s workforce.
Candidates must specifically apply for a coach operator or mechanic position to receive this incentive. The bonus is paid starting after the first 90 days of employment in increments of $1,000 quarterly for a total of $3,000, as long as the employee remains in good standing.
“IndyGo is incredibly excited to add this incentive to its growing list of competitive benefits for bus driver and mechanic applicants,” IndyGo President and CEO Inez Evans said. “We hope this will make our positions even more desirable and be the final push job seekers need to apply and join the IndyGo family.”
Other benefits available include:
- Coach operators (after training): $21+/hour the first year.
- Coach operators: Paid training (for CDL and IndyGo training).
- Mechanics: $27+/hour starting pay.
- Full-time positions with guaranteed 40 hours per week and overtime potential.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Free onsite wellness clinic for employees and their families.
- Retirement plans.
- Local work and no overnight travel.
- Free IndyGo transportation for employees and their families.
- Federal Loan Forgiveness Program.
Additionally, IndyGo is proud to offer the Second Chance Hiring Initiative to promote re-entry into the workforce and increase the pool of qualified candidates.
Referral bonuses in the amount of $1,500 have also been implemented for IndyGo employees who refer successful candidates to bus driver and/or mechanic positions.
There’s never been a better time to apply to join the IndyGo family than right now! Hurry, this offer will end Dec. 31, 2023. Apply today on IndyGo’s website here.