INDIANAPOLIS – IndyGo passengers should prepare for significant route detours and delayed bus service downtown due to the annual OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon. Street closures and detours for event setup will begin Saturday, May 7.
As with all special events that disrupt normal traffic flow, passengers are encouraged to plan ahead and allow plenty of time for travel. As the race progresses, some bus service may be resumed if streets are re-opened.
Mini-Marathon Race Day – Saturday, May 7
On race day, street closures will impact IndyGo bus service between the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and downtown from 4:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Routes 3, 8, 10, 18, 24, 25, 28, and the Red Line will experience detours.
Downtown Stop Closures:
Affected stops will be closed until streets reopen late afternoon (around 4:00 p.m.) on Saturday, May 7.
- Capitol Ave. from New York to Maryland
- Maryland St. from West St. to Capitol
- Washington St. from Harding St. to West St.
- Michigan St. from White River Prky to Holt.
- 10th St. from White River Parkway to Main St.
- White River Pkwy. from New York St. to 16th St.
- West from South St. to Vermont
- 16th St. from Tibbs Ave. to Lynhurst St.
IndyGo encourages riders to allow extra time to reach their destination and plan ahead. You can get real-time updates by following us on Twitter at @IndyGoAlerts, using Google Maps, the MyStop app and all other trip planning tools.