INDIANAPOLIS – IndyGo passengers should prepare for significant route detours and delayed bus service downtown due to the annual OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon. Street closures and detours for event setup will begin Saturday, May 4.
As with all special events that disrupt normal traffic flow, passengers are encouraged to plan ahead and allow plenty of time for travel. As the race progresses, some bus service may be resumed if streets are re-opened.
Mini-Marathon Race Day – Saturday, May 4
On race day, street closures will impact IndyGo bus service between the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and downtown until approximately 4:00 p.m. Routes 3, 6, 8, 10, 15, 18, 24, 25, 28, 34, and 37 will be detoured.
Downtown Stop Closures:
Affected stops will be closed until streets reopen late afternoon (around 4:00 p.m.) on Saturday, May 4.
- Capitol Ave. from New York to Maryland
- Maryland St. from West St. to Capitol
- Senate from Ohio to Indiana Ave.
- Washington St. from Harding St. to West St.
- Michigan St. from White River Prky to Holt.
- 10th St. from White River Parkway to Main St.
- White River Pkwy. from New York St. to 16th St.
- West from South St. to Vermont
- 16th St. from Tibbs Ave. to Lynhurst St.
Riders should also be aware that IndyGo’s online trip planner and information on Google maps will not reflect changes in service due to detours
Street closures will impact on-time performance for scheduled bus service. IndyGo advises passengers to select an earlier scheduled bus trip. IndyGo Customer Service is available by phone at (317) 635-3344 Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.