INDIANAPOLIS – Today at 3:00 p.m. key stakeholders and the public will have the opportunity to attend the Julia M. Carson Transit Center ribbon cutting and dedication event. The Transit Center, at the corner of Washington St. and Delaware St., across from the City County Building plaza, will be the new central transfer point for all IndyGo routes traveling through downtown Indianapolis.
- Congressman André Carson, U.S. House of Representatives
- Athena Medero, Engineer, Office of Program Management & Oversight, Federal Transit Administration, Region V
- Angela Smith Jones, Deputy Mayor of Economic Development, City of Indianapolis
- Vop Osili, Member, Indianapolis City-County Council
- Danny Crenshaw, Chairperson, IndyGo Board of Directors
- Michael Terry, President and CEO, IndyGo
Attendees will learn about the construction, archeological findings, and changes to all bus routes. Transit Center amenities include 19 covered bus bays with Real Time bus arrival information, public restrooms, indoor waiting area, customer service and pass sales on site, and free Wifi internet. Bus service will begin operating from the facility on Sunday, June 26 when system wide service and schedule changes will impact all 31 bus routes.